Imagine develops image recognition-based artificial intelligence to give both patients and doctors a better understanding of the development of skin diseases, improve diagnosis, and make it easier to find the right personalized combination of treatment and lifestyle.
Imagine’s apps are used by thousands of people around the world who track the development of their skin condition and thus provide us with valuable data points. We are a multi-disciplinary team and as part of the LEO Innovation Lab located in central Copenhagen.
We are looking for mobile developers to join our growing engineering team, to create, iterate and launch high-quality software that empowers people living with a skin disease. Ultimately, we are looking for a team-player motivated by mobile development.
Our eco-system consists of Swift and Kotlin for low-level modules capturing high-quality images, running machine learning models, and for building complex native UIs. On top of that, we are happy users of React Native. Most of our user-facing code is written in modern ES6 with Flow types on top. Although React Native wasn’t a good fit for Airbnb, we believe it strikes a good balance for our different apps. See more about our transition to React Native in our blog post series.
We embrace open source contributions, love automation, care deeply about knowledge sharing, and we modularize most of our native code for consumption by other teams. Depending on your profile and preference, you decide what part of our tech stack you want to work on.
We’re looking for passionate and empathic individuals to help us build healthcare solutions with a potential to improve millions of lives.
As our ideal candidate, you have:
- Experience with Android development
- A desire and an ability to learn new technologies
- Strong computer science fundamentals
- Passion for delivering great user experiences
- Ability to innovate and partner with our design team to iterate on ideas
- A disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
- Experience with iOS or React Native development
- Pragmatic attitude, avoiding premature optimization, and an MVP mindset
- Great written communication and documentation abilities
- Data-informed product development: analytics, A/B testing, etc.
- Experience releasing mobile applications to the Apple App store or Google Play
- Experience building applications in memory- and bandwidth-constrained systems
- GitHub profile or link to open source work
Apply by sending your resume and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org – with the subject “Android Mobile Developer”.
After a screening and a small programming assignment, we will invite applicants for interviews on a rolling basis.
Read more about Imagine and how it is to work in our team here.